A bit of audience participation for the churchgoers out there...
What are the main reasons you go to church?
- To hear good teaching? (But why not stay at home and listen to sermons online or read books?)
- Because I really like the music?
- To chat with friends after the service? (But why not have an extra hour in bed and show up just in time for post-service refreshments? Or why not just arrange regular informal times of fellowship?)
- Because my church is small, and the services are like small group meetings in which everyone contributes (groups discussions, etc.), and I find that participating in them is the best way for me to grow in my faith?
- Not for my own benefit, but to welcome unbelievers who may show up, and to share the gospel with them?
- For the food?
- Reluctant and grudging obedience?
- Some other reason?
- I'm really glad I do, but I can't explain why!
Answers in the comments below!