Archive for March, 2009
22 Mar 2009
David Robertson, author of The Dawkins Letters, is due to visit Brighton in June/July. Yesterday he was on Premier Christian Radio's Unbelievable? programme, discussing the place of rationality, belief, progress and tolerance in a secular society, along with atheist blogger Adrian Hayter and Ariane Sherine, creator of the Atheist Bus Campaign. The fascinating conversation may he heard on the Unbelievable? page, on MP3, via the Podcast feed or on iTunes.
1 Mar 2009
- Which character did you like the most?
- Iron Man is a superhero story. Does this kind of story appeal to you? Why?
- Do you think people in our society are looking for a superhero, or is it just a story that we tell?
- Listen to these two quotes
- Tony Stark: "I don't want this winding up in the wrong hands. Maybe in mine, it can actually do some good."
- Obadiah Stane: "How ironic, Tony! Trying to rid the world of weapons, you gave it its best one ever!"
If there was a real Iron Man, do you think that would help in ridding the world of weapons?
- Some people think that the stories we tell about a superhero who saves the world actually become real in Jesus. Why might people think that Jesus is the real superhero? Why might they think he isn't?
- How did Tony Stark and Pepper Potts’s relationship develop through the film?
- Obadiah Stane said this to Pepper Potts: "Tony never really did come home, did he? He left a part of himself in that cave.” How would you compare Stark before and after his time in the cave? What effect did Yinsen have on Stark?
- Who or what do you think is the real enemy in the film?